Blood Brothers: Fellowship, Educate, Advocate, and Support
For men and boys living with bleeding disorders, their fathers, brothers, and sons as well as the fathers, brothers, and sons of women and girls affected by bleeding disorders.
The mission of the men’s / boy’s program is to provide support, empowerment, networking opportunities, and a space to share the knowledge and experiences living with or being a male relative of someone with a bleeding disorder.
- The program helps to provide mentoring and education to young adults and new fathers so they will feel empowered to tackle challenges that they will face as they grow into adulthood or raise a child with a bleeding disorder.
- The program also supports older adult men with bleeding disorders and provides them an opportunity to share their wisdom, knowledge, and experiences with young members of the community and allows them to connect with other men with bleeding disorders.
- The program helps educate all individuals in advocacy issues that participants may need to be informed of, learn about and/or consider while living with a bleeding disorder. The goal is to provide the opportunity to build a strong team of men and boys of all ages, becoming a phalanx of empowered advocacy voices, for themselves, the community, and the Chapter.
- The program will provide a gateway to networking with others of similar situations, ages, and bleeding disorders. The goal will be to provide opportunities to build long lasting relationships within the South Carolina community and beyond.
- The program will strive to organize and host meetings (in-person and virtual), outings, events, and meals in a relaxed setting to allow conversation to flow freely.
- And most importantly this program will help address and work towards improving not only its members health outcomes but their quality of life as well. From finding solutions to routine but complicated tasks to addressing larger problems with a permanent fix.
We encourage all men in the South Carolina bleeding disorders community to become involved and see how you can benefit from connectivity.
NEW: JOIN HSC’S MEN SUPPORT GROUPS NOW BEING PROVIDED BY HSC’S ZOOM MEETING PLATFORM DURING COVID – 19.
Join us next on:
February 11, 2021 7:00pm EST
This month, Sponsored in partnership with DrugCo Health
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We hope to return soon to programming and in person meetings throughout the state. Stay Connected!