“The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.”
Hemophilia of South Carolina relies greatly on its volunteers who are the strength of its success. For over 48 years, the organization had been primarily sustained by its strong community of members and volunteers. HSC is grateful to the years of devotion and dedicated services of its volunteer board members, community members, and individuals from many different walks of life who generously devoted their time, energy, and talents to HSC. It is through the tireless efforts of its volunteers that HSC has served its members throughout the years in education, support, and advocacy.
“The Fisher Award” – Volunteer of the Year
Named after the retirements of the founding fathers of the organization is the Chapter’s Volunteer of the Year Award.
The Fisher Award – 2020 Volunteer of the Year – Shannon Cearley
The Fisher Award is given out each year to recognize the accomplishments and volunteer attributes of the recipients of the award. Their name is etched in a plaque that hangs in the Chapter’s office proudly displayed for all to admire.
If you would like to volunteer and are not sure what you can do, what is needed, or how exactly your talents, available time, and interest can assist, give the Chapter a call. We will be happy to help find a home for your volunteering assistance. The South Carolina bleeding disorder community has enjoyed the tireless efforts throughout the years from its members believing in the mission and cause for which the organization exists.
There are many ways you can help in support of our fundraiser, services, education, and outreach. If you would like to serve on our board, please download a board member application on the Board of Director’s page on our website.
HSC’s Fisher Award ~ Volunteer of the Year
- 2020 – Shannon Cearley, Fundraising Walk Chair, Advocacy
- 2019 – Dillon and Justin Snead – Walk Volunteers
- 2018 – Laura Benton – Photography, Events and Fundraisers
- 2017 – Martha Breitwieser – Fundraising, Advocacy and Events
- 2016 – Ric Martin- 20 Years of Volunteer Services to Chapters
- 2015 – Caroline Rogers – Catchy Colours Photography
- 2014 – Jennifer Ashley Spigner – Childcare Support Services
- 2013 – Carrie Cureton Stringer – Newsletter Editor
- 2012 – Victor Fisher and Roberta Fisher – 40 Years of Board Service
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering for Hemophilia of South Carolina, please contact Sue Martin, Executive Director at Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org, or 864-350-9941. Thank you!