Ladies CARE Program Support Group
Hemophilia of South Carolina’s CARE Program exists to support and empower women and girls who are affected by a bleeding disorders whether they have been diagnosed as having a bleeding disorder, are a caretaker of someone with a bleeding disorder; child or spouse/significant other, brother or sister, or they themselves are carriers of a genetic bleeding disorder. Objectives of the program include but are not limited to:
- To empower and equip women with knowledge and support by learning from others with shared practical knowledge from personal experiences in a safe, warm and inviting atmosphere activity
- Helping to facilitate conversations on issues relating to being affected by a bleeding disorder and working within the group to find practical solutions for their everyday life situations
- Gain knowledge from participants and guest speakers about bleeding disorders and how to manage them in particular ways
- Empower women and girls to obtain the best medical care and supportive services and resources
- Build bonding relationships for future advocacy needs, support and friendships
- Help to facilitate and increase knowledge and awareness about the symptoms and treatment of bleeding disorders and share ways to encourage more awareness to the general public and healthcare professionals.
Ladies Self – Care Brunch
“Coffee, Tea, and ME”
Saturday, June 26th – 10:30am – 12:30pm
1 E Coffee St, Greenville, SC 29601
Join the South Carolina community ladies for a fun and interactive morning with moms and caregivers of loved ones diagnosed with bleeding disorders. We will hear from our speaker about “Taking Care of US”. Enjoy a day in beautiful Downtown Greenville among friends within the community. We will celebrate and share our personal stories, and then provide support to each other within our bleeding disorders journeys. Limited space of 20 individuals is available so don’t wait, register now to attend.
With this our first event of the year in person, we will strictly adhere to CDC, State, and local City guidlines for social gatherings as we begin in person events. Please view our COVID policy and be prepared to sign it in person upon your arrival.